Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last Day of Summer : (

If there is one day to spend the last day of summer i think i was able to accomplish it. It has become a theme for me over the years to try and spend my last day of "freedom" doing something that is worth doing. Today i went to the beach all day and played tons of volleyball and frisbee. It was cool because i learned a few things: 1) chelsie is better than volleyball than i thought 2) No matter what, if i don't wear sunscreen i will get burnt 3) every time i go to marble slab i remember how awesome it is. I'm sure i learned a lot more than that but those are just a few things. Tomorrow school starts and i am going to do my best to stay crazy motivated, knowing that this is my last year (possibly ever in school). Wow that is such a crazy thought. On another note church was really good this morning. Pastor Fred has been really pushing us to catch a vision and follow it these last couple of weeks. Saturday at the leadership meeting he said that having a passion that is given from God is an honor and needs to be treated as such. How often do i treat my gifts, passions & desires as an honor? I think sometimes i act as if they are created by me and for me. God's word says that all things were created BY GOD and FOR GOD. Man that is exciting to think about though. If i can humble myself to live on that one principle than my potential will not be my own but rather God's potential. Well i need to take a nap and think about this thought. HAHAHAHAHAHA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you did awesome at volleyball too! You had some killer spikes! So, go robbie! lol. Speaking of potential....I just know God is going to do some amazing things with you this fall! Keep the focus! You will do great....

Unknown said...

Hi Robbie, I just wanted to let you know I've added you to the blogroll at Lowcountry Bloggers