Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Visit to Chicago!

I have been anticipating this past week for the last couple of months. The staff that i work with at church have been planning this trip to Chicago for the Willow Creek Leadership Summit since last year. This is a conference put on by Bill Hybels and his staff that bring in speakers from all over the country and sometimes the world to talk to leaders that attend the conference about how to be a better leader. There is really so much i would like to write about because it's impossible to listen to these guys for two full days and not leave with so much to think about. But for the time being i am doing just that. I want to reach my maximum potential. Right now I'm not even sure if i fully understand that. Maybe I'm not supposed to. I just want to serve God with all my heart, mind, and soul. I want to rise to the occasion. I'm not 100% sure what that occasion is right now but I feel confident that I am headed in the right direction. Sometimes it feels as if i am running a race without a finish line but it's worth it. God doesn't have to prove himself to me anymore. Sometimes I'm not sure if the amount of faith I give God is really all that I should, but the little I do give to him has shown me his realness. Because of his faith and hope in me I want to become who he wants me to become. I want to be a Christ centered follower. I want to be used by God.......

No comments: